My Blog List

Sunday, April 14, 2013

More Sleep


            As I sit in my desk my eyes lids tend to slowly droop down to cover my big green eyes. I don’t know if it is because I decided it would be a good idea to play 18 holes of golf or that I am suffering from a tremendous lack of sleep.

 

The truth is I don’t get enough sleep. They say a person my age should be getting around eight or nine hours of sleep but I truly do not understand how that is possible.

 

Here’s how my day goes; my alarm goes off at 6:15 each morning after pressing the snooze button an unhealthy amount of times, I am finally out of bed by 6:20. After getting ready I am out of the door by 6:35 and on my way to school. I am at school from 6:45 to 1:45 each day. After this long laborious day of school I rush home in order to take a nap before my day really begins. I nap from three to five, and then hell begins. I have to finish my homework and eat before 8 when I go to late night practice. Not to mention some nights I have to work so I don’t get my nap or homework time in so I am up even later.

 

When joining the high school society they hound on you to be active in your school. I don’t think they really understand how hard it is to really be involved. Me personally, I’m not very involved and I still struggle to get the necessary hours of sleep. I don’t understand how the people who are actually involved in this school can literally survive.

 

It’s hard to stay involved and still stay healthy but overall I think it’s worth it. I think it’s worth the extra cat naps to tell your grandkids what a wonderful time you had in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment