My Blog List

Thursday, April 18, 2013

poem


1.       As night falls, the day begins.

2.       Watching as the Earth spins.

3.       Saying ‘sup’ to ET as I pass by.

4.       Kissing reality good bye.

5.       My mind is nothing with nothing on my mind.

6.       Feels as if I’m driving blind.

7.       Dodging obstacles in my head

8.       While laying in my bed

9.       Never felt so alive

10.   Waiting for morning to arrive

11.   Wishing I never had to leave

12.   Knowing no one will believe

13.   Right as I unpack

14.   Reality comes back

 

 

First line- Antithesis contrasting the night with the start of the dream (the day)

Third line-Allusion with ET and an apostrophe talking to ET

Fourth line- apostrophe kissing reality

Fifth line- Inversion

Seventh line- Imagery

Fourteenth line- Personification

1 comment:

  1. I like line #5's inversion. Is this also a lyric or something? Seems familiar to me...

    ReplyDelete