My Blog List

Sunday, December 16, 2012

After Life Thoughts

                I recently have been thinking a lot about after life. I don’t really know why but it interests me because I know I will never know until it happens. You hear about all sorts of things from Heaven to Hell. But maybe there isn’t either maybe you just “wake up” and you are in a new place and you just don’t have any memory of what happened in the past. No matter what happens I think that it is something good as long as you earned it.
                I have recently been introduced to lucid dreaming, knowing you are in a dream and actually controlling it. This really caught my attention, since this is what my favorite movie Inception was based on. There are tutorials on the internet on how to do it but they all require time and diaries and things of that nature. I do wish I could do it because I would be in control of everything. It would be a nice escape from reality where you really have little to no control of anything except yourself.
                Lucid dreaming may be the reason for my afterlife thoughts but what if your whole life is just a dream and when you die you wake up and the cycle keeps repeating. I know these thoughts are strange but how can you be certain what happens, you can’t. I know that some religions have their own beliefs in what happens after death, but I rather think of it my own way, than be forced to think someone else’s beliefs.
                Even though it is and always be unknown I like to think that whatever happens you will go to a place better than this messed up place that we live at now. But that is just me; think of it however you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment