My Blog List

Sunday, December 2, 2012

KC Tragedy

                The day after a starting linebacker for the Kansas City Chiefs commits suicide in front of the coach at the team facility, they get their second win. I do think that the tragedy did have something to do with this win but not as much as the solid quarterback play by Brady Quinn, who got the start after Matt Cassel performed poorly in previous weeks. Quinn threw for over 200 yards and only had 4 incompletions. Once again though the Chiefs relied on their stud tailback, Jamaal Charles, who had another 100+ game. The Chiefs are out of the playoff hunt and now are just playing for pride and the draft, where I hope they will pick a quarterback even though Quinn has been playing decent.
                Now onto the story that put the Chiefs in the headlines, Jovan Belcher, a starting linebacker committed suicide after murdering his girlfriend. I feel bad for everyone affected by this but it’s hard for me to feel bad for Belcher himself. He was living a dream that many people wish they were living. He made a good amount of money by playing football. So even though this is a tragic story it is hard to feel sorry for a man that gave up on a life that many wish they had. Plus he had a 3 month old baby that is now an orphan do to his actions.
                Anyway the Chiefs will hopefully keep progressing and get their stuff together so they can advance far next year. They will have a solid running back and hopefully their stud receivers, Bowe and Baldwin, stay for another year because if they get a solid quarterback and maybe a few defensive playmakers this team would be 1000x better than they are now. But for now I will be cheering for the Colts. Not because I like them but I am a huge Andrew Luck fan. Personally, I think Luck will be the best quarterback to ever play and I hope that he can show the haters how good he is. Today he led the Colts on an amazing comeback against the Lions.
                Even though my team is playing bad I still have to cherish this because before I know football will be over and all there will be on is basketball, which to me is stupid until the playoffs so I don’t watch it. Then before you know it baseball is back and I can’t stand baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment