My Blog List

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Golf


                With spring finally starting to come through I want to spend more time outside. My favorite way to enjoy the nice weather is golfing. Nothing is better than playing a round with some of your friends on a nice day. Even though it hasn’t been the best weather, the snow is gone at least so I have been able to go every day since they opened last Thursday. I am a decent golfer, almost a scratch player, I plan to get a lot better this summer.

                I started golfing at a very young age with my dad. I picked it up quickly and have been playing ever since. When I was 8 I played in some tournaments and I actually won 2 but as a got older and got more serious with baseball I couldn’t play golf as much. Even in high school the golf season is the same time as football so I couldn’t play for my high school team.

                Luckily, here in Iowa the public courses offer a season pass for about $200 to kids. I have had one ever since I can remember. Since golf is pretty expensive this is helpful in the summer. I play about 50 times a year so the pass saves me a lot of money

                The best part about golf is it is a hobby that will last for a long time. Once I retire in the far future I will probably be on the course every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment