My Blog List

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Wisdom Teeth


                I got to skip school Friday but not for a fun day. Nope, I had to get my wisdom teeth removed. I was supposed to get them removed last year but I didn’t want to miss sports so we waited until I was done with swimming. Prior to surgery I was excited to get them out because I haven’t been put under since pre-school when I had to get my tonsils out. I was excited until I get to the office and then I get very anxious and nervous. I don’t do to well with doctors and needles, so once they started prepping me I start to freak out. The worst part was the IV. I refused to look at the needle but it was still stuck in my imagination. The IV didn’t hurt that bad but just the thought of a big ass needle going into my arm bothers me. But then the next thing I know I’m in the car on my way to the pharmacy.

            I then go home and watch hours of Prison Break, still in a foggy haze from all of the drugs I was on. I wasn’t in any pain and I honestly felt fine until my mom told me I needed to take me pills. Feeling good I got up and walked to the kitchen to take my pills. Meanwhile my mother is telling me to sit down and I shouldn’t be up, but me being the tough guy I am don’t listen and keep walking around and then boom I want to just fall over, I got crazy light headed and felt like I was going to pass out. It was miserable after seating down for a few minutes I regain the strength to get back to the couch. But the worst part for me was the gauze in my mouth. I can’t stand the texture in my mouth also the not being able to eat part sucks.

            It’s been two days since the surgery and I am normal except for the empty pockets in my mouth. I feel fine except for a little pain in my jaw and teeth. The pain killers they prescribe though are amazing, pop one of those bad boys I don’t feel anything for a while. I’m happy its over with and I can’t wait I can eat real food normally again.

No comments:

Post a Comment