My Blog List

Thursday, March 28, 2013

#SocialMedia


                Today’s generation revolves around technology. Whether you think that is a good thing or bad you must admit that it is doing something. Changing the way we communicate to the way we behave. I think that social media makes people think they are tougher.

                Twitter has its pros, keeping in touch with your favorite rapper or just funny tweets, but it also has its cons, the #thirsty girl or the hard ass that is so #faded he can’t open his eyes. Twitter creates a wall between you and the audience. It gives people the idea that whatever they say won’t have a response and if it does it will be throw over the same wall through Twitter. For example, if you have a problem with someone don’t go on Twitter and talk about how “fake” they are and how you could beat them up. Say it to their face which if you are willing to say it to their face, good for you but I honestly hope they punch you in the face.

                I don’t really care about what you do on the weekend as long as I’m not involved but DUDE YOU ARE SO COOL THAT YOU HAVE WEED AND A BOTTLE. #ShitNoOneEverSays. Like I don’t know who thought it would be a good idea to post pictures of very illegal things on the internet. Yes, Wiz Khalifa posts pictures of weed, but he is a full grown man and is famous. But personally my favorite or the kids who talk about how #faded #turnt they were because they see millionaire rappers saying that. Like dude people can see this, including employers or THE FLIPPING ADMINISTRATION. So when you  get in trouble for weed or drinking don’t be angry it was all on you. Sure people can talk about the things they did on the weekend but there is a big difference between having a conversation about something and posting something about it. People post the pictures or tweets simply to show off. They want others to know that they are having more “fun” than you. They think it makes them tough to do illegal things. Like cool man do illegal things but don’t let the world know.

                What I’m afraid of are people that become completely dependent on social media. I can’t lie, I love Twitter and I think it is one of the greatest things ever but I will admit and spend too much time looking at it. Also I will admit I too get the false sense of security. Tweeting at celebrities or athletes that could easily destroy me but I know they won’t do anything because they are famous.

                So despite my love of Twitter I still admit that it is ruining society as a whole. I don’t know what the outcome will be but it won’t be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment