My Blog List

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Go Chiefs Go!!!

                It is opening day for the NFL and more importantly the Kansas City Chiefs. They are playing the Atlanta Falcons and have their first chance to impress their fans. Personally I am a huge Chief fan and I didn’t become a Chief fan on accident. Growing up I was surrounded by Chief things because my dad is a huge Chief fan and brainwashed me into being one. It is something that really helps me and my dad bond. Watching the game every Sunday or sometimes even going to the games down in Kansas City.
                Being a Chiefs fan isn’t as easy as being a Packer fan either. Chiefs fan don’t get to witness their team in the playoffs every year like some of the other teams but even so Chief fans don’t care and still cheer for them no matter what the score is. Each year hoping for a better team and I honestly can say this year the Chiefs are looking pretty good and won’t be surprised if they end up winning what now became one of the hardest conferences in the NFL , the AFC West. Watching the games on T.V. is fun and a nice way of bonding but nothing beats going to the games.
We used to have season tickets and would go to as many of the games as we could. Driving four hours there and then fours back isn’t what I would call exciting even though the game was usually exciting. Going to a NFL is one of the best experiences I have ever had. Getting to watch the best athletes in America on a field a few hundred feet away from you is amazing. But we stopped getting season tickets because they were getting pretty bad and the ticket prices skyrocketed as they were try to renovate the stadium.
One of the best games I ever went to was the 2004 AFC Wildcard game between the Chiefs and the Colts, who at this time were being led by one of the best quarterbacks to every play the game, Peyton Manning. It was a very close game but the Chiefs ended up losing. But nothing compares to the game I witness last year. Days leading up to the game I would tell my friends at school I was going to the game and they would laugh because they believed just like I did that the Chiefs would get destroyed because they were playing the undefeated Green Bay Packers. It was one of the few games that my sisters actually went to with us. It was the most fun I ever had at a game because I arrived expecting to get beat but ended up beating them and it was the only time they were beat in the regular season.
Being an hour before opening kick-off I hope we will see a Chief team that has potential to reach the playoffs. And I’m ending this blog with a prediction; Chiefs get eliminated in the second round of the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment