My Blog List

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Romney's Turn

                I recently had a project in my Government class which required me to watch both of the 2012 presidential candidates acceptance speeches from their conventions. Which reminded me how annoying election season is, where every other commercial is advertisement for someone’s campaign, and every time your phone rings you know it is a survey for the election.
                I will be turning 18 in October which means I am finally allowed to cast a vote for the presidential election. I was raised in a conservative house so I am a conservative. I will be voting for Romney this year. I don’t think Romney is the best person for the job but I do think he is a better choice than the current president. I could probably write a novel on my thoughts of the current American Government but I will restrain and just talk about the big ones.
                The biggest one is the welfare system we have in America. The fact that only 53% of Americans pay a federal income tax is ridiculous. And the president wants to raise taxes on the wealthy just to hand out to the lower class instead of having everyone pull their equal share. I understand that we have a terrible economy and the job market is equally bad but just because you are over qualified for a job it is better than nothing.
                On the other hand I do agree with Obama on some things the main one being abortion. I think it is up to the woman on whether she wants to abort a child or not. I think it is wrong for someone to control what you can do with your body. I understand Romney’s side of this problem but still agree with the current president.
                Hopefully my vote helps change this country and helps us get out of this recession.

No comments:

Post a Comment