My Blog List

Sunday, September 16, 2012

NFL>>

                The fall marks the beginning of football of all levels from Pop Warner all the way up to the NFL. Some people prefer college over the NFL, but I personally think NFL football is a lot more entertaining.
                There are a lot more teams in the NCAA than the NFL which means that there is a wider range of talent, which I think is stupid. A top 25 team playing a FCS isn’t even enjoyable. On the other hand the NFL is made of only the best of the best so every game has the potential to be a close game. I think the overall game is a lot better in the NFL because of the consistency of talent.
                Don’t get me wrong I still watch football on Saturdays but I only watch if it is a good game. Growing up in Cedar Rapids I was surrounded by Hawk fans. Not my family though, my dad was a Chief fan and that is it. So I never was a true Hawk fan, I would cheer for them when I was younger. But now that I’m older I realized how annoying Hawk fans are. Ever year they claim that they will be really good and they are underrated. Take this year for an example. During the off season I all would hear is how good the Hawks are going to be and their first game was against Northern Illinois, a team that in reality Iowa should walk all over but instead Iowa took it late into the fourth quarter to seal the win. But instead of admitting that Iowa didn’t play good it is that Northern Illinois is really good, which they aren’t. They aren’t the worst team ever but a large Big 10 school should be able to easily beat them.
                So I don’t even follow any college team instead I focus on the Chiefs in the NFL, even though they are not good at all, which really showed today after getting slapped by the Buffalo Bills. I don’t care what you like as long as you agree nothing beats a day of relaxing and football.

No comments:

Post a Comment