My Blog List

Sunday, October 21, 2012

AWK

                Every one has favorites. Favorite colors, things, songs, shows, etc. But you rarely hear any one talk about their favorite word. Personally my favorite word is awkward. I don’t really know why but I love it. Maybe it the fascination I find in awkward situations or the way it rolls off the tongue. Either way it is an awesome word.
                I tend to over use the word awkward a lot, I don’t try to it’s just the first thing that pops in my head so I say it. Another cool thing about the word awkward is how I can shorten it and it still sounds awesome. If I ever encounter an awkward situation I will just say “awk” instead of the long version. It’s cool because people still understand what I’m saying without having to add that extra syllable. Another word that I over use way to much is swag.  I use swag due to how cliché it became when all the rappers starting say swag and how much of it they had. So now I use it to poke fun at all the people that have so much swag. Instead of saying cool I just tend to yell swag and if something bad happens I just yell not swag.
                Since we are on the topics of words I was reminded with the trick of just saying a word out loud for a long time until the word doesn’t even sound like a word anymore. Which makes me think of the creation of words, like how does someone put letters together and make sounds that mean something? I know these are random thoughts but I cannot just sit down and blog about something so I’m just writing about my thoughts.
                So think what your favorite word is and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment