My Blog List

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Farewell Football

Dear football,

As my time with you slowly reaches its end I just wanted to thank you for always being there. I will miss you but you have given me so many memories that will last with me for the rest of my life. You have taught me a lot of things and I hope that I can keep in contact with you even though my playing days are nearing the end.
                I still remember running routes in my front yard with my father. My father is the reason I love football so much. He introduced me to the game before I can even remember. There are pictures of me when I am just a baby with a football in my hands. He played in high school and has been a hard core Chief fan his whole life. But my father isn’t trying to live his dreams through me which I appreciate seeing all things parents that pressure their child into doing something they don’t like.
                Tomorrow we have a game against Cedar Falls, who is pretty good this year. I still think that we can win this game but it is hard to think about it being my last game ever. Even if my career is over tomorrow I still have to be thankful that I made it through my whole life without getting injured. I will still be a huge fan even though I won’t be playing. I will still be watching every Saturday and Sunday and hopefully I will watch my son play under the lights on Fridays.
                You have taught me a lot of valuable things throughout my time with you. I hope to put the things you taught me to the test once I get out in the real world. I must thank you for all you have done for me. Who knows where I would be without you. You have kept me from trouble and give me something to look forward to. I know I will miss you but I have enough memories to last a life time.
                You have also connected me with the friends I will hopeful maintain a relationship for the rest of our lives. I have learned how you have to play as a team or you don’t stand a chance. You could have the athletes in the world and if they don’t play as a team they won’t be any good.
                So this is my farewell letter to you football, I want to thank you for what you have done for me and I hope you make it last as long as possible for me and my team mates.


Sincerely,
Alex Boomershine

No comments:

Post a Comment