My Blog List

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Chiefs v. Ravens

                It’s the 5th week in the NFL and the Chiefs don’t look like they will get another when to increase their season to 2-3 but that doesn’t bother me as long as the Chiefs show improvement. As long as the Chiefs show some good things.
                The main thing I want to see is if Matt Cassel can compose himself and play good against the vicious Raven defense. Cassel, in my opinion is the worst quarterback in the league. He should have it easy because he has the best running back in the league behind him but even with that luxury he still can’t lead the Chiefs to victories. Cassel only targets Bowe, who is a good receiver but you can’t throw the ball to one person and be successful no matter how good the receiver is. I hope to see Cassel prove that he is a decent QB and spread the ball around to all the weapons the Chiefs have.
                I also want to see Jamaal Charles have a big game against a good defense. I know Charles has the talent to thrash any defense but I want to see it actually happen. Even if he doesn’t have a huge game he needs to at least be a distraction for the Chiefs and help open up the passing game for Cassel. I think the Chiefs are going to rely on Charles a lot which isn’t a bad idea, I mean he is the leading rusher in the NFL but the Ravens defense will also be targeting Charles knowing that Cassel can’s tear them apart like some  of the other quarterbacks in the league.
                The last thing I want to see is the Chiefs defense step it up and hold the Ravens to as little as possible. The saying “defense wins championships” may seem a bit cliché but it is also so true. If a team can hold a team to two touchdowns they will win the game. I hope the Chiefs young defense can stop the Ravens offense, which is pretty good with Ray Rice at running back and Joe Flacco at quarterback. The chiefs have the talent to stop the Ravens but they have to play their best to pull this one out.
                I hope the Chiefs win but I won’t be devastated if they lose. I hope to see improvements by everyone and maybe, just maybe they can pull the W out from today’s game.

No comments:

Post a Comment