My Blog List

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Cold Weather

It’s finally that time of the year, sweatshirt weather. Finally we get to put the shorts away and move on to jeans and sweat pants.  Even though it is a little too cold for early October but I take this over the mid 90’s that we get in the summer.
I don’t know where my love for the cold comes from but I have had it for a while, always begging for the winter weather to come earlier and earlier. Maybe it’s the memories I have of winter and all of the activities I used to do when I was smaller. When I was little I loved to be outside in the cold. Whether it was helping my parents shovel the drive way or just playing outside building forts and snowmen. Winter also brings Christmas with it, my favorite holiday ever, waking up early to go downstairs and open all of my presents. Looking out the window and seeing nothing but snow just brings a warm feeling to me.
Even though the cold can be a hardship, like Friday night when we had to play a football in the 30’s when it still should be in at least the 50’s. Even though I played enough to maintain my warmness it was still a little too cold for a football game. But on the other hand I much rather be cold at a game than be dying of heat exhaustion and needing a drink every second to replenish all of the sweat you are losing.  But for the rest of the season we will have to deal with these frigid temperatures. Which I don’t mind too much because personally I think I play better in the cold.
No matter what this is still my favorite part of the year and I wish it last longer than it does even though it tends to drag on a little long for most people’s preferences. So I will start cherishing these days as they slowly pass until the last snow melted and the smell of spring is back in the air. But until then I will love everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment